Review Of The New Lost Vital Spark Album "The Motion Paradox".


Band Name: Lost Vital Spark

Album Title: The Motion Paradox

Tracklist:

  1. The Wisdom Of The Many

  2. Neo-Cynic

  3. Anthem

  4. Heresy

  5. A Bitter End

Running Time: 30:10

Release Date: July 17, 2026

Rating: 10/10

Label: Running Wild Productions

Version Reviewed: Digifile CD

Band Members: 

Stefan Pitzer - Vocals

Denis Odobasic - Guitar

Benjamin Dengler - Guitar

Andreas Hagmuller - Bass

Manes Rechels - Drums

Additional Album Information:

Mixed And Mastered By Denis Odobasic

Design by Michael Sklenka And Denis Odobasic

Photography By Michael Sklenka


Lost Vital Spark is an Austrian band that formed in 2002. Since then, they have released one full length album and three EP’s, the newest of which is titled “The Motion Paradox”. Let’s delve into this slab of metal and see what they have given us this time around.


Let’s face it. Metal bands, no matter the genre, that are unique are not that frequent now that metal itself is over a half century old. Sure, there are tons of great bands playing “been there, done that” styles. I mean, just because a band apes other bands that doesn’t mean they are automatically bad because of that. But man… bands that try to be inventive are definitely few and far between now. I had never heard of A Vital Spark before I saw Running Wild Productions advertise their new EP on Facebook. They sent it to me to review and from the beginning notes it put a huge smile on my face. It is firmly rooted in melodic death metal with very appealing guitar melodies bordering on being tech death t times, precision-strike drumming and a pounding bass. I honestly can’t give another band to compare their sound to. The closest I can say is Amorphis. Beautifully heavy and epic melodies without being wimpy or weak at all. Here and there are some very weird and odd breakdowns that have to be heard to be believed. I can’t even describe the weird sounds and moments; you’ll have to hear it for yourself. Holy shit, I love this! The vocals are mostly death metal and kind of hardcore in spots, and there are some great clean vocals as well and some of the gang vocals remind me of the epic Blind Guardian gang vocals. One thing that stands out is these musicians are all very professional and excel at playing and songwriting. The lyrics are in English and are about the illusion of societal change and various modern social problems. These lyrics are well-written, too! The overall sound of the album is great due to a superb production.


The cover art is… well, fuck if I know! Lol. It’s a blob of chaotic visual noise or something to me. I guess like all good art it is and is left to the art lover to figure out what it means to them. It’s oddly enthralling to look at. It makes me wonder what it is, and I like that. Does it have something to do with motion as the title insinuates? I don’t know. I’m not that smart with abstract things. Inside of the digifile you will find all of the lyrics, band photos and the album and band info.


If you are a fan of death metal, artsy metal or any type of metal that offers something unique, pick “The Motion Paradox” up right now! This is my favorite album of the year so far due to the unique nature of the music and the professional musicianship shown throughout the entire running time of the album. I can’t stress how fucking amazing this EP is. I hope this band has a long and successful career. They deserve it!


History’s Brown Arse!!!


As always, I like to ask my readers to support the bands, labels and artists by purchasing the physical copies of the albums they love by going to their Bandcamp and/or Facebook pages and supporting them there.


Lost Vital Spark Website.

Lost Vital Spark Bandcamp.

Lost Vital Spark Facebook.

Comments