Review Of Dea Artio's Reworked Album "Durch Nebelfelder".






Band Name: Der Artio

Album Title: Durch Nebelfelder (Through Fields Of Fog)

Tracklist:

  1. Gipfelpredigt

  2. Nebelfelder

  3. AlpTraum

  4. Edelweiss im Mondenschein

  5. Vom alten Wald

  6. Tod eines Berges

  7. Nur die Sterne uber dir

Running Time: 52:40

Release Date: 2026

Rating: 10/10

Label: Running Wild Productions

Version Reviewed: Photo Card Sleeve

Band Member: Kevin “”Kvein” Kuchlmayr

Additional Album Info:

Mixed And Mastered By Daniel Kackl At VE Studios

Layout, Illustration And Design By Daniel Hackl At VE Studio And Rainer Wild At Runnin Wild Productions

Pictures Were Taken By Kevin “Kvein” Kuchlmayr And Daniel Hackl


Dea Artio is a band I’m very familiar with. I reviewed one or two of their albums as well as one or two compilations they were on before. In the last two years I’ve written over four hundred reviews so I can’t remember how well I liked their stuff, I just remember I really liked it! I’m getting old! Forgive me for my bad memory! “Durch Nebelfelder” is a remake of the 2021 album “Nebenfelder”. Everything, the music and the vocals were all rerecorded and orchestral arrangements were added, and the end result is beyond good. Holy fuck, this rules!


The intro starts with layered keyboards and then some almost chanted and epic as hell clean vocals. The music is mostly blackened and of a very atmospheric and almost folk variety. It is brutal as hell and beautiful at the same time and the mix of the two is something awesome to hear. I can hear early 90’s black metal influences and a more epic sound like the older Viking and folk metal bands. Blistering drums that may be played by a drum machine but sound very natural to me pummel away throughout the entire album! The faster moments remind me a lot of old Arcturus with blistering paced black metal and it has a huge meandering and spacey keyboard sound. The bass is easy to detect and the older I get, the more I love the sound of those good bass lines coming through my speakers. The vocals are usually presented in a very, very angry and hate-filled black metal way, but as I stated earlier there are some lovely clean vocals that are more akin to narration or chanting and I love those as well. The pure genius and professionalism on this remake are excellent! Lyrical themes touch upon nature, Alpine landscapes and the Celtic bear Goddess Artio. The production is great and even though so much is going on musically, everything is represented well in the mix! Outstanding job!


The cover of the album is a beautiful painting of what I believe is an Austrian landscape. Mountains, trees in Autumn’s full color and fog covering the whole scene. It’s downright gorgeous and I loved looking at it while listening to the album. Artwork should always reflect what is going on with an album’s music and lyrics, and this does that very well. The back of the sleeve has a photo of (I assume) Kvien looking out over a huge, pristine valley. This is awesome to look at as well.


What can I say, folks? “Durch Nebelfelder” is one of the best albums I’ve heard so far in 2026 and I recommend it to anyone that considers themselves a fan of well written, well played black metal. If you are also a fan of nature you will love this even more. This one brought tears of joy to my eyes. Seriously! Thank you to Rainer from Running Wild Productions for helping me with some technical issues I had with the info about this album. Much appreciated, as always!


As always, I like to ask my readers to support the bands, labels and artists by purchasing the physical copies of the albums they love or by going to their Bandcamp and/or Facebook pages and supporting them there.


Dea Artio Bandcamp.

Dea Artio Facebook.

Running Wild Productions Bandcamp.

Blasted By Britton Blog.

Blasted By Britton Facebook Group.


Comments

  1. It's a great Re-Recording and it honours and adds to the originals. I can't decide if I like "Züruck in die Waldwacht" or thisbone more 🤘🏻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment