Band Name: 1917
Album Factor Bestial
Tracklist:
Agonias en el cielo Z(la risa del abismo)
Lapidados a plena luz
El apego del narcisimo
Abberacion del ego
La vaz que mas miente
Tribulacion
Espejismas en los que creer
Run Time: 38:53
Label: Independent
Rating: 9/10
Version Reviewed: Facebook Stream
Band Members:
Alejandro Sabransky - Vocals, Guitars, Drum Programming
Mario Mansills - Bass
This is my favorite part about reviewing. When a band I had never heard of and asks me to review one of their albums and I find the music amazing. This is exactly what happened with the band 1917 originating from Argentina. Alejandro Sabransky asked me to review their 2025 album “Factor Bestial” and I agreed. These situations don’t always go well. I will review any album or band unknown to me because that’s the biggest part of Blasted By Britton…. Promoting the smaller and/or unsigned bands or bands on small labels. As if now the band is unsigned, but I have no idea why. “Factor Bestial” fucking rules. They have been around for over 30 years and have had some Death Metal greats work with them. Most notable to me was Alejandro telling me just a few days after Mick Browning died that Mick did a guest spot on one of their albums. Love it! They’ve been around over three decades and now have thirteen albums under their belt. They have reveled and thrived in the underground, but let’s get this band more well known if we can, folks.
While the band claims to be Death Metal, and they definitely are, I heard a bit of Black Metal in there as well. The music here is catchy as hell and played with precision by two guys that know their instruments well. A drum machine was used to record the album, but you could have fooled me as it sounds like a real drummer. The guitars are brutal; fast and memorable and catchy riffs permeate the entire album beginning to end. Most of the Black Metal sound to me comes from Alejandro’s vocals which sound a tiny bit like a more Death Metal version of Dani Filth. And that’s a compliment as I love “The ‘Filth”! As I have gotten older I have noticed that I am appreciating the sound of the bass on Metal albums more. In fact, I recently bought a Fender bass and amp and plan to play on it.and take lessons. Will I ever be as good as 1917’s bassist Mario Mansills? I highly donut it! Lol. This dude’s bass playing is extraordinary and his bass lines plow through the rest of the music with ease. The lyrics are written and sung in Spanish and touch upon themes such as philosophy, poetry, art, religion and Psychology. The production on the album is great, and to think this was done on an independent budget is amazing.
The artwork for the album is great and shows a hollow eye socket with a scene of some post-apocalyptic aftermath. It looks like open bibles are spread around in all the devastation. It’s pretty damn cool. I reviewed the Facebook stream of the album, so I don’t know what is contained in the actual CD, if a CD version even exists. Don’t let the band pass you buy for over three decades! Lol. Better late than never, right? The guys should be proud of this. Highly recommended!
As always, I like to ask my readers to support the bands, labels and artists by purchasing the physical copies of the albums they love or by visiting their Bandcamp pages and support them there.
Blasted By Britton Facebook Page.

No comments:
Post a Comment