Band Name: Pater Tenebrarum
Album Title: Meat Grinder
Tracklist:
Rabies
Flesh That Hates
Antibody
Night Of The Cannibal Dread
Here Comes Eddie
Disembowel
Meat Grinder
I prefer You Dead
Pictures Of Dead People
The Crimson Church
Realm Of The Red One
Rating: 9.5/10
Running Time: 43:46
Label: Running Wild Records
Release Date: November 21, 2025
Band Members:
Christian Spannbauer - Vocals
Klaus Nahodil - Guitars
Rene Polak - Guitars
Richard Stadler - Bass
Roman Kolesnik - Drums
Additional Album Info:
Recorded By Norbert Leitner And Pater Tenebrarum
Mixed And Mastered By Norbert Leitner
Logo And Artwork By Armin Stocker
Photography By Janusch Unterhuber
Orchestration And Sound Effects By Klaus Nahodil, Rene Polak And Richaed Stadler
All Lyrics By Richard Spannbauer
What we have up for review today Boils and Ghouls is the sophomore effort from Austria’s Pater Tenebrarum titled “Meat Grinder”. Yeah, you know it’ll be good with that title. I like grinding my meat! Errr, I meant I like my Metal to be grindy! I’ll shut up. With the show!
The music on here ticks off two boxes I like to have ticked. It’s very Thrash influenced at times reminding me of early Forbidden and a whole lot of Testament. Thrashtastic guitar riffs, catchy as hell, well played and a nice bass presence along with an upfront drum sound. What sets the music apart for this album is that it has a lot of very weird but cool synth parts. These too are very catchy and a pleasure to listen to. Also, the vocals are mostly in a Death Metal style which ticks box two for me. Thrash And Death Metal are my two favorite musical genres, and these boys know how to blend the two well. The lyrics touch upon such themes as hate, murder and death. You know, happy stuff! The production is great and everything comes through clean and clear without sounding muddy at all.
The cover art is awesome and shows humans with the skulls cut off pulling what I can only describe as a wagon of Evil. There’s a ghost so scared he’s getting the fuck out of there! Lol. It’s all done in dark colors and hues and is a pleasure to look at as the CD plays. I got the digifile CD to review. If you don’t know what those are, and I didn’t until Running Wild Records sent me some, they are CD’s packaged in a papery cardboard cover that sometimes has the CD booklet in it. They’re pretty cool and I’m sure save on shipping. Fucking shipping prices these days… FUCK! Why? Anyway, this digifile had the CD booklet as well as band photos, all lyrics and more artwork.
I sure am glad I became friends with Running Wild Productions owner Rainer Wild. That guy has not only shown me a huge chuck of the great Austrian Metal scene, but he has proven that he cares about the bands on his label on the very highest level. He’s passionate about this music and his bands and any band on Running Wild Productions can feel secure that they will get the best promotion possible. Do yourself a favor and pick “Meat Grinder” up and give it a listen. It put a smile on my face!
As always, I like to ask my readers to please support the bands, labels and artists by purchasing the physical copies of the albums you love or by visiting their Bandcamp pages and supporting them there.
Pater Tenebrarum's Facebook Page.
Pater Tenebrarum's Bandcamp Page.
Running Wild Productions Bandcamp Page.

No comments:
Post a Comment