Nunslaughter "Satanic Chaos Legions" Review.


Band Name: Nunslaughter

Album Title: Satanic Chaos Legions

Tracklist:

  1. Satanic Chaos Legions

  2. Jesus Fucking Dies

  3. Unsacrament

  4. Christian Ruse

  5. Die Your Own Death

  6. Rotten Messiah

  7. Peukharist

  8. In The Flames Of Inferno

  9. Heavenless

  10. Lucifer The Light

  11. Cathedral Of Stench

  12. Listen To The Lies

  13. Infernal Reign

  14. The Spear Of satan

Running Time: 34:11

Release Date: June 26, 2026

Rating: 10/10

Label: BLKIIBLK Records

Version Reviewed: Jewel Case CD

Additional Album Info:

Band Members:

Don Of The Dead - Voice

Tormentor - Guitars

Wrath - Drums

Malum - Bass

Cover Artwork By Alberto Salinas Molina AKA Necrodevourer

Photos By Necroshorns


I’ve known about Cleveland, Ohio based Nunslaughter for decades. Since the early 90’s (when they were out of Pittsburg), in fact. They started out in the latter part of the 80’s and since then have released a mountain of Eps and split albums, but full-length albums don’t come from them often. I own one 7” from the band. I think that’s a split with another band. I believe I have seen them live at a Death Fest or two as well, but for some reason I never bought anything of theirs since that one 7” oh so long ago. I’m a completist, especially when I was younger and maybe some of their stuff was out of print which would make me not want to get everything else that was available. I did that a lot for some undiagnosed mental reason. Lol. I saw they had a new full-length album titled “Satanic Chaos Legions" so I bought it for my collection and reviewed it for my Blog. And (un)holy shit, I’m glad I did! 


“Satanic Chaos Legions” is honestly one of the best death metal albums I have heard since the early 90’s!  My first love will always be 80’s thrash metal, but I fell as much in love with death metal when I got into it in the late 80’s and especially the early 90’s. That’s what this album is… unapologetic early 1990’s old school death metal made by a band that was there at that time. Brutal, pummeling and Satanic as fuck. Are there any other bands out there that are more Satanic? I’m not sure, but most likely not. Their sound and especially the lyrics drip with anti-Christian and pro-Satanic themes and imagery. Yeah, if you're easily offended, this album isn’t for you. All of the music is played by top notch musicians, but the insane drumming really caught my ear. He’s all over the place yet still manages to keep it all together. While this is entirely a death metal album, the thrash fan in me can hear some thrash riffing, but hey… death metal kind of evolved from thrash. The flow of the album is kind of punk in that the fourteen songs are over and done within just over half an hour. That way, you can just play it over and over again in quick succession to easily memorize it like we all did with “Reign In Blood". Most of the songs are blazingly fast, but a few times the music slows down a bit like with “Peukharist”, which not only is a brilliant song title, but also my favorite track on the album. While the lyrics basically just say “Fuck God and Christ and love Satan and evil”, they are really well written and even a bit humorous at times. The lyrical passages tend to end with rhyming words, a thing I have always loved. Nunslaughter vocalist Don Of The Dead suffered a stroke in 2015, but you wouldn’t know it hearing his sick-ass vocals here. This guy is good! His delivery, sound and evil vocals are amazing and it’s odd that even though he has that style you can understand everything he sings without the aid of the lyric sheet. The production is great as is the mixing and mastering job.


The artwork for the album is awesome and well, Satanic! Who’d have thunk it? Lol. It looks to me to be a scene of either a cemetery or church in ruins with various Satanic creatures converging together all at once in a giant blob of evil. It’s highly detailed and the black and red color scheme looks nice. I have always loved the Nunslaughter logo over the years. I see it a lot despite not owning much of their music. It has at least five upside down crosses I can see, with an evil goat skull on top and when you see this you have to think of Spinal Tap and ask “How much more evil can this logo be? The answer is none. None more evil”. The twenty page booklet includes all of the lyrics, band photos and the album and band information.


Nunslaughter has become one of my favorite bands with “Satanic Chaos Legions”. I wish I would have delved deeper into them long ago, but better late than never, right? I need their past albums! If you are a fan of unapologetic old school death metal, pick this up. If you despise God/Jesus or love Satan or better yet BOTH, pick this up. I’ve listened to this bitch five times already today and can’t get enough of it. Also, the band is so prolific that they have already released an EP and a single since this album’s release two months ago! With the quickness, I say! This warrants my highest rating possible.


Nunslaughter Facebook.

Nunslaughter Bandcamp.

BLKIIBLK Records Website.

BLKIIBLK Records Facebook.

Blasted By Britton Blog.

Blasted By Britton Facebook Group.


Comments