Review Of The New Frozen Soul Album "No Place Of Warmth".


 Band Name: Frozen Soul

Album Title: No Place Of Warmth

Tracklist:

  1. No Place Of Warmth

  2. Invoke War

  3. Absolute Zero

  4. Dreadnought

  5. Chaos Will Reign

  6. Ethereal Dreams

  7. Skinned By The Wind

  8. Deathweaver

  9. Frost Forged

  10. Killin’ Time (Until It’s Time To Kill)

Running Time: 35:34

Release Date: May 8, 2026

Rating: 10/10

Label: Century Media Records

Version Reviewed: Digipak CD

Band Members:

Samantha Mobley - Bass

Michael Monday - Guitars

Chad Green - Vocals

Matt Dennard - Drums

Chris Bonner Guitars

Additional Musicians:
Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance) - Vocals On Track 1

Rob Flynn (Machine Head) - Vocals On Track 2

Devin Swank (Sanguisugabogg) - Vocals On Track 4

Additional Album Info:

Produced, Mixed And Mastered By Josh Schroeder At Random Awesome! Recordings In Midland, Michigan.

Album Cover Art By James Bousema

Booklet Art By Tomoko Inoue


Son of a bitch, I fucking love Frozen Soul! Ever since their debut album “Crypt Of Ice” came out, I have been drawn to their Bolt Thrower worshipping sound. They have made quite a name for themselves over the eight years they have been a band, and deservedly so! Does their newest album “No Place Of Warmth” keep up with the greatness of their first two albums? Read on and find out.


The answer is a big “Yes!”. This album is not removed hardly at all in sound from their first two albums, but it sees them growing as musicians and songwriters. “No Place Of Warmth" is among the best Death Metal albums this humble amateur reviewer has ever heard. Fast, precision-strike, plodding and brutal as fuck Death Metal. The bass playing here puts a big smile on my face! The drums sound as if Matt sawed off lengths of big tree branches off a tree and used them to record his drum tracks with them. The guitars are fucking sick and brutal with crushing power cords aplenty. The entire band is full of excellent musicians that know their brand of Death Metal well and execute it flawlessly. I don’t know if they get tired of hearing they sound like Bolt Thrower, but I wouldn’t if I were them. Bolt Thrower was phenomenal and now quite a few bands mimic their style. No one does it better though than Frozen Soul, though. It’s kind of like Bolt Thrower never went away with Frozen Soul! Where this band differs from Bolt Thrower a lot is with lyrical content. Bolt Thrower was 100% focused on war themes and while Frozen Soul’s lyrics does have that, most of their lyrics are about cold weather. I get it, if I lived in Fort Worth, Texas where it was always 100 degrees, I’d write about the cold too. Lol. I have a love of cold weather too and have since I was a kid. I live in mid-Michigan and most of the time even though it is as cold as it is, it’s still not cold enough for me here. Lol. Speaking of Michigan, I see the album was produced, mixed and mastered in Midland, Michigan, a town about 40 miles due east of where I live in the “thumb” of Michigan. As Bender would say: “Neat!”.


The cover art rules and shows a graveyard scene where spectral demons of various creatures are leering at you from behind the nearest headstone. The blue and black hues used are eye-catching and the red band logo superimposed over the top left corner rules. That logo is great! This is a digipak and it’s made with a sort of heavy cardboard material which makes the cover art look like it was painted on a tiny canvas. Very cool. Inside of the booklet included inside of the digipak you will find all of the lyrics. THANK YOU! To whoever decided to use a large font for the lyrics. I’m 55 now and this old man’s eyes can easily read along with the lyrics with a font like this. Inside you will also find band and album information as well as additional artwork.


If you are a fan of death metal at all, you need to add “No Place For Warmth” to your collection. It ticks all of the right boxes for fans of the genre and is a superbly made album in all regards. It doesn’t get much better than this and as of now it is my top album of 2026 so far. As such, it garners my highest rating possible!


"In this moment you have no power over me!".


As always, I like to ask my readers to support the bands, labels and artists by purchasing the physical copies of the albums you love and/or by going to their Facebook and Bandcamp pages and supporting them there.


Frozen Soul Website.

Frozen Soul Bandcamp.

Frozen Soul Facebook.

Century Media Website.

Century Media Bandcamp.

Comments