Review Of The New Heroine Sentinel EP "Heroine Sentinel".


Band Name: Heroine Sentinel

Album Title: Heroine Sentinel

Tracklist:

  1. For All Time

  2. Consequences

  3. From The Lakeshore

  4. Huntress

Running Time: 19:24

Rating: 9/10

Label -  Stormspell Records

Version Reviewed - Jewel Case CD

Band Members:

Mik Dempsey - Vocals

Tapedeck - Guitar

Jose Salazr - Bass

Chris Avergin - Drums

Version Reviewed - Jewel Case CD

Additional Album Info:

All Music And Lyrics By Heroine Sentinel

Logo By John Bickness

Band Photo By Liz Gollner

Booklet Design And Layout By Mumintroll


Today’s review is brought to you by Heroin. Oh wait, I read that wrong. “Heroine”, as in a female warrior of sorts, I think. More apt for this review it is the first word for the band name Heroine Sentinel, a band calling Chicago, Illinois home. This is yet another band I had never heard of until Stormspell Records brought them to the masses. Did I like their one and only self-titled EP? Do I think this CD should be baked thoroughly into a Chicago-style pizza never to be heard again? Well, read on and find out. 


“Heroine Steel” came about (if I did my research correctly) after releasing a demo of the same name in 2025. I have no idea if this CD is a remaster of that demo or if it’s the same thing just reissued in an official form. Either way, it fucking rules. Firmly rooted in the traditional heavy metal sound, I hear a lot of mid-era Iron Maiden influences. My favorite Maiden albums are “Killers” followed by “Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son” and I hear music reminding me of both of those albums on here. Great guitar solos and leads, that galloping bass and drums that are hit hard and with finesse. All that said, the music can be faster at times bordering on thrash metal and there’s some power metal elements as well. The vocals are mostly in the power metal style, but there’s one spot on the album that Mik uses an aggressive thrash/death style that I love. The lyrics are about fantasy, loss and war. The production on the album is great due to a great mastering and mixing job. 


The cover art differs slightly from the original demo's cover art. It has the band logo and instead of a plain background it is now marble and there's some rust dripping from the logo. A nice way to honor the demo but separate it from this release.


Some people might wonder why I review so many Stormspell Records. The simple truth is I find almost everything they release to be great. I don’t get CDs from them to review; I automatically buy everything they release to add it to my collection because I know there’s a 95% chance that I will love it and that is the case with “Heroine Sentinel”. The band doesn’t throw silly ideas or old cliches at you, they resurrect the old metal flame and hold it high in the modern age for all to see. Highly recommended. This band is so 80's metal that their guitarist is called "Tapedeck"! Great job, guys!


As always, I like to ask my readers to support the bands, labels and artists by purchasing the physical copies of the album you love and/or by going to their Bandcamp pages and supporting them there.


Heroine Sentinel Bandcamp.

Heroine Sentinel Facebook.

Stormspell Records Website.

Stormspell Records Bandcamp.

Stormspell Records Facebook.

Blasted By Britton Blog.

Blasted By Britton Facebook Group.



Comments