Review Of "Live At Szene Wien", The New Live Album From Grim Justice.

 


Band Name: Grim Justice

Album Title: Live At Szene Wien

Tracklist:

  1. This Dark Soul Of Mine

  2. Hungry Wolves

  3. Curse Of The Moon

  4. Holy Sword

  5. Lady Death

Band Members:

Michela Vignoli - Vocals, Guitar

Thomas Stroymayer - Lead Guitar

Robert Hafner - Bass

Vincent Webber - Drums

Additional Album Info:

Music And Lyrics Written by Thomas Stroymayer And Michela Vignoli

Recorded Live At Szene In Vienna, Austria

Mixed By Robert Hafner

Mastered By Horst Pfaffelmayer

Running Time: 26:52

Rating: 8.5/10

Label: Running Wild Productions

Release Date: July 17, 2026

Version Reviewed: Digifile CD


Ah, it’s so good to be back reviewing and getting some albums in to review from one of the coolest Metal labels in the world, Running Wild Productions. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Running Wild Productions’ head honcho Rainer Wild is one hell of a guy. He deeply cares about his bands and promoting them and he cares about the people he works with. He sends me albums to review all the way from Austria and in these days of expensive shipping, that is beyond cool for him to do. Not only that, but he has also helped me with things like my Blog layout, gave his opinions on what I should add to my reviews and more. Anyway, yesterday after a 3-week travel time from Austria to the U.S., he sent two more albums for me to review. One of them is from the Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band Grim Justice. Did I think it was good or did I think it should be thrown off the top of the mountains there in Austria? Read on…


One thing you have to know is that this is a live album with zero overdubs. That’s impressive as there are no mistakes I can hear. No big ones, anyway. The music sounds like a slightly Metal early Rush and is at times quite proggy and a bit technical. I also heard Black Sabbath and Dio there. Some of that Iron Maiden galloping Metal and more. All of the musicians are great at what they do and create easy to enjoy and frolicking melodies. The vocals, especially on the first track, remind me a lot of Geddy Lee’s “wavering” vocal style and at other times vocalist Michela Vignola has a sound all her own. She can sneer with her vocals and soar and scream with them as well. The one negative about this one, and it’s not a big negative, is the sound is a bit muddy. But hey, it’s a live album, so that’s going to be the case unless you touch it up or overdub it in the studio after the fact, and they didn’t do that. As a bonus, all songs on this album have videos to accompany them too.


The cover is a photo of the band playing live and inside of the digifile you will find a bit of a band bio and the band and album information. I don’t know if all the copies were signed by the band, but my copy was. Neat!


After tons of Thrash, Death and Black Metal (All of which I love), it’s good to hear albums like ”Live At Szene Wien” that are simply straight up Hard rock and Heavy Metal. It makes me think of my youth, which was a long time ago now. Lol. I need to check out the band's studio albums after this. They have three of them and I’m sure they are good as well.


As always, I like to ask my readers to support the bands, labels and artists by purchasing the physical copies of the albums they love or by visiting their Bandcamp and Facebook pages and supporting them there.


Grim Justice Bandcamp Page.

Grim Justice Facebook Page.

Running Wild Productions Bandcamp Page.

Comments