Review Of The Debut Album "Reaper Of Souls" By WrathForge.
Band Name: WrathForge
Album Title: Reaper Of Souls
Tracklist:
Reaper Of Souls
Streetlights Bleed
Neon Scars
They Leave You Behind
Fight Until The End
Infernal Summoning
APEX
Abismo
You’re Gonna Pay
Rating: 10/10
Release Date: July 10, 2026
Band Members:
Sage Savage - Guitars, Bass, Backing Vocals
Jared TurboCrawler - Vocals, Backing Vocals
Guest Session Musician: Ian Gunz - Drums
Additional Album Credits
Music By Sage And Music By Jared
Mixed And Mastered By Sage Zavage
Cover Artwork By Felipe Mora
Booklet Layout And Design By Salmoneus
I love Metal. I fucking love it. And I love it when bands simply try to be Metal. There’s nothing more Metal than being Metal. And Metal is a great thing about life. Metal Was. Metal Is, Metal is all there will ever be. Metal is worldwide. Metal, Metal, Metal! Everywhere. Metal albums should be in all of our homes in not only shelving units and cases, but in our fridges to keep the Metal cold and in our ovens to keep the Metal RED HOT! It should be floating in our pools as long as the PRECIOUS METAL is secured in waterproof containers. It should be hanging from everyone’s trees like Christmas decorations, Have I said “Metal” enough now? Okay, I will stop and get on with the review of this mind-blowing debut album from a band from Ecuador called WrathForge.
“Reaper Of Souls” holds the candle and spirit of 80’s Metal high and keeps it alive. I hope these guys become huge, because they deserve it. Their sound reminds me of a mix of “Doomsday For The Deceiver” Flotsam And Jetsam, Loudness, Helloween, Judas Priest and what I call “80’s Street Metal” like Burning Starr but with their own style as well. All three guys are excellent musicians, and they have Metal songwriting down to an artform. The guitar leads and solos are impressive, as is the drumming and the bass parts pique this bass-lover’s interest. It’s catchy, fun and easy to bang your head to. The vocals are like a more aggressive and powerful Glam Metal style. These vocals soar, scream and wail like there’s no tomorrow. The lyrics are about Metal, Darkness, resilience and dystopian scenarios. But mostly they are about being Metal!
The cover art is a hand painted piece showing an attractive woman licking blood off the blade of a scythe. The art style is very 80’s in style and fits the album’s music well. It’s a great album cover to look at as the album is playing. Don’t look too long or too closely though. Pervert! Inside of the six-page booklet you will find all of the lyrics, band photos and band and album information as well.
Turn your heads towards Ecuador to find your fix for that 80’s Metal itch you have been wanting to scratch. Being this is band’s debut album; I can see them going places. As I said before, they deserve to! This garners my highest recommendation possible.
“If it’s on Stormspell, it must be good!”.
As always, I ask my readers to support the bands, labels and artists by purchasing the physical copies of the albums they love or by going to their Bandcamp and Facebook pages and supporting them there.
Bandcamp Page Where You Can Listen To Some Tracks Off The Album.
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment